Participants in the Backflow Revalidation training course need to hold a provisional plumber’s licence. NOTE – existing 4th year apprentice plumbers or mechanical plumbers may be included if all apprenticeship training is complete and the apprentice is less than 6 months from their contract completion date.
Please note, prior to enrolling into Post Trade Courses, it is expected of you to already have access to current Australian Standards applicable to the relevant field of operation.
For your convenience, the College provides relevant Standards while you are attending any Workshops. These Standards must remain on the College premises.
Standards required for the Backflow Prevention training course are
- The Plumbing and Drainage Act 2002
- Standard Plumbing and Drainage Regulation 2003
- Plumbing and Drainage Regulation 2003
- National Construction Code Volume 3 2016
For more information on Australian Standards, please go to: www.saiglobal.com
Face to Face Learning
On Campus learning allows you to learn in a traditional classroom environment. This form of learning gives you the opportunity to bounce ideas off your facilitator and others within your learning group.
Personal protective equipment:
- long sleeve cotton drill shirts and long cotton drill pants, or overalls (no nylon)
- protective footwear steel capped (AS/NZ 2210)
- clear safety glasses or clip-ons, if prescription glasses are normally worn (AS/NZ 1336 or 1337)
- ear protection – ear muffs or plugs (AS/NZ 1269 or 1270)
- hair protection – peak cap with a snood capable of fully containing the person’s hair.
Students failing to meet these minimum standards of dress will not be permitted entry into practical classes.