Why Choose This Course?
The Inspect & Test Fire Pumps course is intended to assess participants on the skills and knowledge necessary to Inspect & test Fire Pumps in accordance with Australian Standards and QLD regulatory requirements.
The Statement of Attainment for this course is recognised by the Queensland Building and Construction Commission as the successful completion of technical requirements for the Fire Occupational Licence.
Information regarding Occupational Licensing is available from Commission at www.qbcc.qld.gov.au.
It is recommended that participants also have:
- At least two (2) years experience in the industry
- Completion of the Certificate II in Fire Protection Inspection & Testing
- An intermediate level of numeracy, literacy and computer skills
- Access to current Australian Standards, Codes, Legislation and other relevant documentation
For your convenience, the College provides relevant Standards while you are attending any Workshops. These Standards must remain on the College premises.
Standards required for the Pumpsets Course are:
- QDC MP6.1
- NCC 2016 (Vol 1)
- AS 1851 -2012 testing
- AS 2118.1 – 1999 sprinklers general
- AS 2118.9 – 1995 pipes and supports
- AS 2419 – 2005 hydrants
- AS 2149 – 2013 pumps
For more information on Australian Standards, please go to: www.saiglobal.com
The qualification is delivered via distance education in a self-paced mode. A workbook is provided upon enrolment and once completed the participant will need to attend a 2 day workshop.
As a guide only, you should set aside between six to twelve months to complete this course. The time frame will also be influenced by your experience and current workload.