Why Choose This Course?
The Post Trade Qualification – REP1, Prepare a Fire Protection Certification Statement or Report is intended to provide participants with the skills and knowledge necessary to prepare a fire protection certification statement or report.
The Statement of Attainment is recognised by the Queensland Building and Construction Commission. The license class Certify, Install and Maintain-Passive Fire Protection – Fire Collars, Penetrations and Joint Sealing is achieved by completing REP1 along with the Certificate II in Fire Protection Inspection & testing.
Information regarding Occupational Licensing is available at www.qbcc.qld.gov.au.
The certify licence class for Fire Occupational Licensing is generally for people who operate at a higher level than the install and maintain licence class. The following is a prerequisite for this training:
White card i.e. Unit CPCCOHS1001A Work Safely in the Construction Industry
It is recommended that participants also have:
- At least two (2) years experience in the industry and access to a suitable workplace to undertake the assignment and research tasks
- An intermediate level of numeracy, literacy and computer skills
Standards required for the REP1 Course are:
- 1851 – Maintenance of current fire protection systems and equipment
- 1530 – Methods of fire tests on building materials, components and structures
- Part 1: Combustible tests for materials
- Part 2: Fire-resistance test of element of construction
- 4072.1 – Components for the protections of openings in fire resistant separating elements
- 1905.1 – Components for the protection of openings in fire-resistant walls – Fire-resistant doorsets
For more information on Australian Standards, please go to: www.saiglobal.com
This qualification is delivered via distance education in a self-paced mode with tutorials and workshops offered at a regular intervals depending upon demand. Support is available from an industry facilitator to assist with research and assignment tasks.
As a guide only, you should set aside between six to twelve months to complete this course. The time frame will also be influenced by your experience and current workload.